In-Kind Donation Ideas
Some people really want to share but have a tight budget or a tight schedule. At the same time, they may find items on a major sale or have something to hand down or pass on. (Yes, we’d be very thankful for most of these items even gently used).Others may realize they have a connection job- or family-wise when it comes to acquiring something on this list.
Check out one of our hike leaders above. He’s responsibly sporting his Yak Trax and trekking sticks, two safety items we like to help provide for our participants.
Here is an incomplete “wish list”. Please give it a quick skim and you’ll have it in the back of your mind if you are looking for ideas or find yourself with extras of an item–
For hikes, camps, and field trips:
- trekking poles
- microspikes/yak trax
- first aid kits
- field guides
- GPS units/compasses
- bug spray
- sun screen
- poison ivy wash (Tecnu, etc.)
- hand sanitizer
- baby wipes
- child carriers, soft and framed
- extra big coats, to zip over both parent and baby on super cold days (these last two may be regifted to families in need).
- safety vests
For trail service:
- pruners/hand clippers
- hand saws
- brush hooks
- grabbers/”pick sticks”
- trash bags of all sizes
- nitrile gloves
- inexpensive work gloves
- non-perishable snacks
For the office
To some degree, specific office supply needs can vary depending on what initiatives are going on. Check with Cherylanne for her current requests.
- printing services
- nature/environment books and curriculum for our mini-library
- promotional item and services (T-shirts, stickers, use your imagination!)
- 10×10 EZ-up style tents
- tablecloths (preferably dark green or neutral colors for booth events, anything for other kinds)
- paperweights (for outdoor events on windy days!)
- raffle prize/door prize/party favor items
- food (either bought or prepared yourself or through a store or restaurant sponsor connection)
- space/banquet room rental (the park works well for most outdoor events but we occasionally like to change up neighborhoods for our indoor events so we can “visit” all the neighborhoods we serve)
If you have a connection and would like to make a donation of power tools, vehicles, or heavy-duty maintenance equipment, those types of things would go through the DCR, but we can help connect you to the right people.
Feel free to add any suggestions! If you have something you’d like to hand off to us, comment here or private message on Facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-662-2340.
Thank you for all you do to support Friends of the Fells, whether it is through time and work, money, or simply sharing news and supporting our mission:
The Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation is dedicated to the protection and harmonious use of the Fells; promoting awareness, policies and programs to honor and preserve the ecological, historical and recreational resources of this urban forest reservation.
Latest posts by Friends of the Fells (see all)
- FOREST ADVENTURERS PROGRAM! (ages 8-12) - May 22, 2019
- Let’s Fight Climate Breakdown and Solve the Biodiversity Crisis at Home - May 21, 2019
- New Generation of Fells Stewards Saluted! - May 20, 2019