Friends of the Fells Seeking New Executive Director
After 2 years of exemplary work with the Friends, Executive Director Ron Morin has decided to return to retired life. We are therefore accepting applications for a new Executive Director to replace him.
Our deepest gratitude to Ron for his leadership, stewardship, and activism. We wish him a relaxing and much deserved re-retirement!
Job: Executive Director, Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation
Mission Statement: The Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation is dedicated to the protection and harmonious use of the Fells; promoting awareness, policies and programs to honor and preserve the ecological, historical and recreational resources of this urban forest reservation.
Who We Are: We are a small, intimate, passionate, and committed organization. Our people are diverse in interests and many opinions, but our discussions are civil. We seek an Executive Director who is diplomatic, organized, a good communicator, and a person of action. Our organizational culture is also kind, and we have many volunteers that we deeply appreciate and respect. A successful Executive Director will recognize the value and best attributes in each board member, employee, and volunteer and will help each individual contribute from a position of strength, finding their best talents. We are professional, but are not corporate.
Job Description: A passionate, determined self-starter who can help shape the next chapter for the Friend of the Fells, in partnership with the Board.
Key themes of the position are:
- Maintain and manage current mission;
- Retain and grow membership and generate a reliable funding stream;
- Develop volunteer leaders; and
- Create a strategic plan with the Board and have the ability to carry it out.
We expect the Executive Director to conduct business with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and heart. Essential job functions include:
- Supervise staff in our Melrose, MA office;
- Maintain a budget and fundraise for a sustainable future;
- Work with the board;
- Create/maintain connections with external partners, collaborators, communities, members, and friends;
- Oral and written communication, including public speaking; and
- Working with modern computer tools, such as word processing, spreadsheets, Google Docs, membership databases, website management, and an understanding of how to leverage social media.
Previous leadership with a non-profit is a plus, as is a demonstrated commitment to conservation causes.
Details: 20 hours, flexible and asynchronous, with some availability for night and weekend meetings or events. Ideal candidates will plan on a 3+ year commitment, subject to successful review after 6 months, and annually thereafter. Potential for full time commitment is contingent on fundraising success. Salary commensurate with experience.
Position is open until filled.
Respond to email@example.com with a one-page cover letter and resume.
Latest posts by Friends of the Fells (see all)
- The EarthLoom® weaves new life into Fells youth programs - July 14, 2019
- Magnificent Monarchs:Summer StoryWalk® 2019 - July 14, 2019
- Friends of the Fells Seeking New Executive Director - June 20, 2019