All Blogs | Friends of the Fells
Become a Member

Wright’s Tower

Wright’s Tower
Wright's Tower was constructed in 1937 under the direction of the Works Progress Administration. In 2008, following restoration of the tower by DCR, a plaque commemorating the visionary who was responsible for the creation of the Fells was attached to the tower.
continue reading

Two Visionaries

The first important publication in regard to the conversion of the Five Mile Wood into a public domain was an article of nine pages, written by Mr. Wilson Flagg and published January, 1856.
continue reading

History of the Fells

History of the Fells
Generations of visitors have enjoyed experiencing the nature of the Fells since its creation in 1894, but the history of how such a diverse natural oasis was preserved is little known.
continue reading