Volunteer and Job Opportunities
The slightly slower winter season is almost over! The early blooms will be emerging, and you’ll also be more likely to see our fabulous volunteer teams out in the forest and fields.
We have a number of volunteer opportunities! Check out this page for more information.
Here are a couple of our highest need volunteer positions at the moment:
(Must have at least occasional Tuesday morning availability)
- Signs in participants
- Monitors path for tripping hazards, trash, and lends stable arm for parents/caretakers whose balance may be compromised
- Makes sure everyone stays with the group
- Ties shoelaces or picks up items for parents/caretakers who cannot bend down due to baby carriers
- Waits with anyone who needs a break (e.g. breastfeeding)
- Hike and Seek duties include all of the above, plus handing out scavenger hunt sheets and crayons, and repeating interpretive information and demonstrations as the hike progresses.
- People skills required, moderate hiking skills and topical knowledge of the Middlesex Fells trail system are assets but can be developed in the position
Forest Programming Publicity Liaisons
Youth Programs Director Ann Frenning Kossuth (email@example.com) tells us she can use publicity liaisons in the 5 main Fells communities: Medford, Melrose, Malden, Stoneham and Winchester. Consider helping with flyering, social media shares, outreach, and general word of mouth. She says, “Fan of our Fells Youth Forest Programs? Email me to post 6-12 flyers in your local shops and meeting places — and receive an adorable mini-woodland eraser kit! Act now, supplies are limited…”
Seasonal staff positions
Ann is also hiring passionate, responsible, and knowledgeable Forest Instructors for spring, summer, and fall 2018. Click here for more information on applying.
SAVE THE DATE! Park Serve Day will be the morning of April 28th! The theme will be invasive plant removal, although there will be clean up opportunities, too. Stay tuned for more information. All ages welcome, and you may drop in as an individual or family or RSVP as a large group.
If you’re interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, email Volunteer Director Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at this link.
Latest posts by Lindsay Beal (see all)
- Forest Bathing - September 9, 2018
- When a Community Comes Together: 90mm Updates - September 7, 2018
- Invasive Plant-Removal Goats At the Fells:No Kidding! - July 25, 2018